Saturday, November 06, 2004

Learning about me

You'd think as much time as I spend with myself, I'd know enough about me already. But that doesn't stop me from engaging in the occasional online survey.

Tonight I took one that was offered on a link from Yahoo personals (an experience all its own that I shall write about some day). After about a 10-minute survey, I'm convinced it knows more about me than many people I've dated. Its summary:
---
What Sets You Apart?
You enjoy spending time one-on-one with someone or being with a small group of close friends. Crowds drain your energy, while time spent alone or relaxing with a friend revitalizes you.
You have a natural intellectual curiosity and love to explore new facts and ideas.
You're overly modest at times and tend to sell yourself short.
You're an incredibly loyal friend and co-worker who's always thoughtful, polite, and available to help.

Individualists have a knack for innovation. Like pioneers, you have the potential to chart a new course and break new ground in your career and community. Not everyone will appreciate it, but you're a true original.
---
It was also nice to see that I am, in fact, not like other guys. In fact, only 4 percent of men have my personality traits. Another 36 percent are "very much like me." That means that 60 percent of men are not very much like me, and 96 aren't exactly like me.

I don't know if that's comforting or frightening. But it is accurate.

To wrap up this post, I can't say it any better than something else I just noticed on the site:
---
Individualists in Love
It's rare for an Individualist to be a Romantic. Your natural skepticism doesn't fit well with the leap of faith that romantic love requires. Then again, Individualists are always full of surprises. You're a rebel at heart, and romance is the ultimate rebellion against rules and rationalism.

No comments: