Monday, November 28, 2005

Good-luck charm

My favorite NFL team, the Chicago Bears, extended their winning streak to seven games with a 13-10 win against Tampa Bay on Sunday.

It's a remarkable winning streak that puts the Bears up with the second-best record in the NFC at 8-3, and they lead the NFC North. They haven't lost since a 20-10 loss at Cleveland on Oct. 9.

Or, as I like to think of it, my favorite team hasn't lost since my first date with Jessica on Oct. 14. Apparently the stars are aligned for my happiness via my lady friend and my favorite football team. How's that for miracles?

What's most impressive about this connection is I'm not the one who realized it. Jessica mentioned it when she heard the Bears' streak was at seven wins in a row. We're joking that the Bears will probably only lose now on weekends where we've had some sort of tiff. So here's hoping the Bears never lose another game again.

No comments: