Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Downside of working at home

Most of the week, I have the pleasure of doing my job from home. It just makes sense, since I live in the area I cover for the newspaper. It's easier to do a good job if you're actually in the place you cover, since you'll see people and things as they happen.

I've discovered the downside in the last few hot afternoons. When you come back home and go to the fridge to get an icy cold beverage... it's awful hard to look at the beer and say "no." It ends up being the same little dance each day. I'll be back here around 3:30 or 4 with a bit of a thirst. I'll look in the fridge. I know the pop's up top in my fridge and the beer's on the bottom shelf. Still, I'll look down there. Then I'll look at the clock on the microwave and think, "Shoot. I'm still on the clock. No beer for now."

So I guess when it comes right down to it, the downside of working at home is I can't drink alcohol while I'm on the clock. I'm guessing I'd have that problem in the office too...

No comments: