Monday, October 25, 2004

Shopping in dad's closet

I'd been thinking about getting a jogging suit lately, mostly because it's been cold outside and I wanted to have something I could zip up and zip down prior to our softball games. Anyway, I mentioned this to my parents while visiting tonight.

Suddenly out came a whole wardrobe of that sort of thing. My dad's put on a pound or two lately and said he didn't think he'd ever fit some of these things, so someone might as well get some use of it. Given that I'm his height, I thought, "What the heck. I'll see what he has."

He had exactly what I wanted, some simple jogging suits, not too flashy, not too bland. Ended up with a decent loot of what I'd wanted.

Here's the question that comes up... Just how much of a geeky loser do you have to be before you start taking hand-me-downs that you dad has determined aren't stylish? (Those who have met my dad get double points for understanding just what that means.)

To put a happy ending on this story... since I've saved the money on a couple jogging suits, I've decided to stop being so cheap and buy some candy to distribute on Halloween.

No comments: