Saturday, June 19, 2004

Change the world

Speaking of the Spring House Tavern, I noticed something that amused me when I had dinner there Wednesday night.

A few weeks ago I'd written a column about the enthusiasm for the expansion Valley League Baseball team, the Woodstock River Bandits (www.woodstockriverbandits.org). I lead into it with the obvious enthusiasm about the team, albeit somewhat ignorant enthusiasm about the wooden-bat collegiate league team.

The example for that could be found on the wall of the Spring House, where they'd hung a jersey, cap and glove on the wall -- alongside an aluminum bat -- about two weeks before the season opened.

Two weeks into the season, the bat hanging alongside the jersey, cap and glove is wooden.

Who said we can't change the world in Sports?

No comments: