Wednesday, June 30, 2004

My blog knows me too well

One of the interesting things about having a blog on blogspot.com is it tries to put ads on top of your blog that match up with content inside the journal.

I'd like to think of this as a journey through my mind -- through what's important, what's frustrating, what's fascinating.

Yet the ads I just noticed on the page include "How to get your ex back: Get a powerful plan for bringing your ex back into your life" and "Find a girlfirend: Millions of profiles and photos free! Meet single women in your area now," as well as related searches for "boyfriend" and "concert listings."

I haven't had a girlfriend in more than a year. I find it hard to believe some computer logic decided these must be the most important things in my life.

Of course, it's the first batch of guidance I've gotten from anything in a while saying what my focuses ought to be... aside from some unsolicited e-mails about lowering my mortgage rate and lengthening something else.

No comments: