Thursday, September 23, 2004

Wit's End

All I ever wanted to do in my life was work for a newspaper. My first experience came with starting the "Fourth Grade Journal," well, in fourth grade. Ever since then, it's all I've wanted to do.

Right now, at this instant, I don't want to work tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that... well, you get the idea.

I'm just so tired of it, and I'm just not convinced it matters, not in a good way at least.

I know I'm good at what I do. There are certainly enough people who tell me that and enough awards that say it. I'm just tired of working so hard and getting so little out of it. For the past three or four years, it feels like I've been doing all the giving and none of the taking.

I hope the feeling goes away, and soon. If I wasn't a journalist, I'm not sure what I'd be.

No comments: