Monday, July 26, 2004

Exhaustion

I'm young and stupid. I'm getting older, but I'm not getting any less stupid.

Over the weekend I made a ridulously short trip to Ohio to hunt for apartments. In all, I was in Ohio for about 26 hours. And, being the cheap-skate I am who hates to fly, I drove the eight hours each way. Made me feel like I was living in my car.

That led to about three hours' sleep Friday night and another three hours' sleep Saturday night.

This is where I'm stupid. Funny thing about the body; it needs its rest. I sometimes forget about that. I think I don't. I think I can just push my body as far as it'll go.

Sure enough, on my way back to Ohio, the exhaustion and the boredom of I-70 finally caught up with me. I had to pull off at a rest area and take a quick nap.

You've never lived until you've been sleeping in your car, only to wake up to some little girl asking her mom, "Mommy? Does he live in his car?" And to hear her say, "Maybe."

With any luck, I'll have a physical address soon and won't have to live with my car as a possibility.

No comments: