Thursday, July 15, 2004

Waiting

I've never liked waiting. Waiting rooms at the doctor's office... Waiting for Christmas... Waiting tables... It's just not my cup of tea.
 
So this week has been extremely frustrating to me. I know something pertinent to my life is going to happen. I'm pretty sure what my response will be and what will logically follow afterwards. But I can't start knocking over those dominoes until the first thing happens.
 
Here I've sat, all week, waiting for the go-ahead to knock over a few dominoes that I believe will make for a happier life.
 
It's almost funny, now that I think about it. Most people think I'm a very patient man. In truth, I'm quite impatient, especially when it comes to things I want to have happen.
 
Still I wait. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.

No comments: