Sunday, July 18, 2004

Music scenes

Tonight I ducked out to my favorite bar in the area, Sweet Caroline's in Winchester. Generally they have bands that play the Blues, which has a certain intrigue to me that I'll try to explain some day when I haven't come home after multiple beers (albeit 1/3 as many as I consumed last Friday).
 
Instead of the Blues I expected to find, a band called "Fatskeys" played. It's like listening to a radio with the Search button stuck. It just kept changing every couple minutes. I half expected to hear a report from NPR for three minutes.
 
You might think I'm exaggerating, which generally I am. But this time around, no. They went from playing a Billy Joel tune to "Brick House." They jumped from Train to playing the theme for "The Jeffersons." It was musically comical, although I got the feeling I'm the only one in the bar who got the joke. It's also possible the band didn't get the joke, but I'd hate to think that.

No comments: